- Field Trip August 25, 2018 Great Bear Recreation Area Fall migration will be underway, so join Joe as he looks for warblers, vireos, and sparrows making theirway south to their winter homes. Please contact Joe Brin 315-857-4734 for details of meeting time and place.
- Field Trip September 8, 2018 Green Lakes State Park, 7900 Green Lakes Rd, Fayetteville, NY 13066, USA Green Lakes State Park. This hike will take from three to five hours (or more) depending on trail length and weather conditions. It is highly recommended that participants bring their own water and insect repellent. Please contact Paul Richardson 315-488-5022 for details and specific time and meeting place.
- Field Trip September 9, 2018 Verona Beach State Park, 6541 Lakeshore Rd S, Verona Beach, NY 13162, USA Join Joe Brinon a hike through thewoodland trails in search of late migrating warblers, vireos, and other songbirds. Please contact Joe Brin, 315-857-4734, for details of meeting time and place.
- Free Public Program September 12, 2018 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Onondaga County Public Library: Central Library, 447 S Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13202, USA Growing On Ice:Climate Change, Women,and Antarctica. Hilary McManus, Ph.D., an associate professor at Le Moyne College, joined more than 80 other women scientists from around the globe fora month-long leadership development program in Antarctica. Called Homeward Bound, the program is aimed at empowering women leaders in decision making for the future of our planet. Come…
- Field Trip September 16, 2018 Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, 3395 Hwy 20, Seneca Falls, NY 13148, USA Montezuma NationalWildlife Refuge. Join experienced birders on this trip to Montezuma to look for ducks, geese, swans, marsh birds, and migrating shorebirds. We will also check out other birding hotspots within the Montezuma complex as time permits. We will meet at the Visitors Center at the start of Wildlife Drive at 8:00 a.m. Contact Scott…
- Field Trip September 22, 2018 Syracuse Inner Harbor Creekwalk, Syracuse, NY 13204, USA Creekwalk/Onondaga Lake. Paul Richardson will be leading a field trip to Onondaga Lake to look for waterfowl and late-migrating songbirds. Please contact Paul, 315-488-5022, for details, start time, and meeting place.This trip will depend on access to the Creekwalk, which has been restricted recently due to safety issues.
This summer we have been hard at work constructing a #ChimneySwift Tower at #SUNYESF! Even though dozens of #swifts can use cavities for roosting purposes during migration, only one pair will nest in a cavity at a time. This makes nest sites scarce. When completed, this tower will be 12 feet tall and insulated to help keep eggs and nestling safe from the hot sun. We will keep you updated on our progress! . . . . #chimneyswifttower @sunyesfimage @sunyesfalumni @audubonsociety @audubon_ny #avianconservation
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Onondaga Audubon Society, Inc. P.O. Box 620 Syracuse, NY 13201 Copyright 2016